Saturday, September 06, 2008

Kung Fu Panda, Zen and My niece

Zen teaches us to live in the moment - being mindful of actions. I tried to practice it while I was eating. Tried to savour the food that I ate and involve myself fully in that action. Doesn't it seem a simple thing to do? but I think it is worth trying :-). I realized this is meditation 24*7.

My niece turned 2 years old recently. She is a precocious kid. She has learnt speaking, & watches quite many cartoon movies and keeps my brother-in-law and sister on their toes all the time. Whenever I visit their house - which is quite frequent, I get to see the cartoon movies like Mowgli, Tom and Jerry, Kung Fu Panda etc. This time I ended up seeing Kung Fu Panda. The essence of this film is "Believe in yourself, Be passionate about something, Do what you are passionate about / are happy doing / can be in meditation kind of state most of the time. Realize what one is trying to attain is being nothing - The secret ingredient is NOTHING". The same message comes across in "The Alchemist" - The boy when he tries to become wind realizes that he is not different from the entity that pervades this universe. The same message comes across through Hindu philosophy - know yourself. Which is again the essence of "The Matrix" and Neo :-).

As a note on excellence why Steve Jobs' has his place can be seen by watching Jungle Book - Part 2 created by Pixar and Kung Fu Panda created by DreamWorks :-). Think, think, think.

No comments: